Recovery of valuable substances from plant material
We can help you explore the potential of your plant material, including by-products. Or if you want to use functional dietary fibers as an ingredient in your products; we are happy to assist you.
Learn more on our new website: www.florasplit.de
We believe sustainability makes sense, also financially
We believe that sustainability looks good and feels good
We believe the choices we make can make a difference
We believe that waste can be turned into value
The patented process makes it possible to economically utilize plant raw materials, as well as rest raw material from plants.
The advantages are:
– Provision of health-promoting dietary fibers and valuable proteins
– High water-binding capacity of the dietary fibers obtained with the Flora-Split process
– Solvent-free production by means of natural and gentle digestion of the plant material in aqueous solution
– No or minimal sensory perceptible aroma substances contained in the proteins and dietary fibers
– Increased added value from plant products
– Production plants can be scaled up as required
– Sustainable method due to recycling of the process water used
Examples of materials we’ve worked with:
Sesame, sunflower, soy (and okara), red lentil, chickpea, cashew, red beets, asparagus, mustard bran, cabbage, banana peel, apple pomace, potato pulp
– Investigations on utilization possibilities of plant by-products/sidestreams
– Aqueous protein extraction
– Purification of water-soluble and insoluble dietary fibers.
– Laboratory and pilot plant trials for testing
– Improvements of sensory properties of recovered proteins and dietary fibers.
– Protein concentration of press cake
– Planning and construction of plants for the utilization of by-products with a mindset of circular economy
Our team of researchers and engineers can help meet your specific need.